- HELIN Catalog - find books, DVDs
- HELIN OneSearch - find books, ebooks, DVDs, and articles together in one search
- CINAHL Complete - find articles in large collection of nursing journals
- See also: CINAHL searching guide
- Nursing Reference Center - evidence based nursing care information
- Nursing Full Text Plus (OVID) - find articles in nursing journals
- Science Direct - find articles in medical, nursing, nutrition & life science journals
- See also: Science Direct searching guide
- PubMed Central - find articles in biomedical and life sciences journals
- Salem Health - search online encyclopedias on medical and health topics
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - search a collection of online encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Films on Demand - search a large collection of online documentary videos
- All Nursing databases - for finding articles
- All Psychology databases - for finding articles
- Find a specific journal - search by title to view a specific journal online
- Browse Nursing e-journals - a list of our online journals on Nursing
Find articles in Nursing journals by topic
To find articles by topic, search by keyword in one of the library's nursing-related research databases. These databases index articles in a large number of nursing and medical journals by topic, and allow you to search for articles by keyword. If you are off-campus, you will be asked to enter your name and library barcode number.
- If you are not sure of the correct terminology for your research topic, try using the CINAHL Headings link to look up your topic. This link is located along the top of the screen in the blue bar.
- Important search limiters available in CINAHL: Full text - limits your search to articles where the complete article will be available directly in CINAHL. Peer reviewed - limits your search to articles that come from scholarly academic journals. Research article - limits your search to articles that directly report the results of the author's own original research study or experimentation.
A collection of full-text online nursing journals hosted by Ovid.
- For best results, use Advanced Search. Combine keywords with AND. Scroll down the page to find your search results. Click the PDF link to view full article.
Contains a large collection of full-text science, technology, medicine, and nursing journals.
- Go to Advanced Search.
- Use quotation marks around phrases.
- Under Source, choose Subscribed sources
- In the results list, click on the PDF link under each article to full up the full-text.
A digital archive of life sciences journal literature, developed and managed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).
Contains more than 25,000 full-text articles from 42 journals published by American Psychological Association. Coverage includes general psychology and specialized basic, applied, clinical, and theoretical research in psychology.
Sage Journals Online
Includes over 460 journals in business, humanities, social sciences, and medicine. Includes nursing journals such as Nursing Science Quarterly, Journal of Research in Nursing, Journal of Family Nursing, Journal of Holistic Nursing, and Journal of Transcultural Nursing.
A full-text and image database comprised of publications focused on the area of complementary and alternative approaches to health.
The APA Publication Manual is available in the library on the 1st floor at REF Z253 .P83 2010b
To limit your search to books located only at McKillop Library, select "Salve Regina University" under the drop-down menu labeled "View entire collection."
You can request that a book be delivered to another HELIN library for pickup.
After locating a book you would like, simply use the request button, enter your name and library barcode number, select a pick-up location, and submit. For more detailed information on requesting books, see our guide to requesting books.
Call numbers on most nursing & medical topics start with R. Books with R-RZ call numbers which are in the Salve Main Collection are located on the 3rd floor. Call numbers group books together by subject.
Call numbers for Nursing:
R Medicine (General)
RA Public Aspects of Medicine
RC Internal Medicine
RG Gynecology and Obstetrics
RM Therapeutics. Pharmacology
RS Pharmacy and Materia Medica
48 Nursing assessment
48.5 Diagnostic techniques. Laboratory tests.
48.6 Nursing diagnosis
49 Nursing care plans
49 Nursing records. Charting
49.5 Computer applications
55 Problems, exercises, examinations
65 Medicine and surgery for nurses
74.7 Preceptorships in nursing education
75 Graduate nursing education
76 Continuing nursing education
81.5 Research. Experimentation
82 Nursing as a profession
82.8 Nurse practitioners
84.5 Philosophy of nursing. Nursing models
85 Nursing ethics
85.2 Religious aspects
85.5 Standards for care
86.3 Nurse and patient
86.54 Transcultural nursing
86.7 Practice of nursing. Economics
87.N87 Nutritional care. Feeding patients
89 Nursing administration
90 Teaching. Patient teaching. Nursing education
90.3 Health Promotion. Health education
97 Public health nursing
98 Community health nursing
120.C45 Chronic diseases
120.E4 Emergency nursing
120.F34 Family nursing
120.H65 Home nursing
120.I5 Intensive care
120.L64 Long-term care facilities
120.O9 Outpatient facilities
How do I...?
- ...find articles?
- Find an article
- Find a journal
- Find a database
- Set up journal and search alerts
- What is Google Scholar?
- Evaluating websites