What are the Archives and Special Collections?
The University Archives contains records of the university. The Special Collections contain materials that originated outside the university.
To find out more about what's in the Archives and Special Collections, visit the website. The tabs above provide more information on specific holdings maintained by the University Archives & Special Collections available for research.
Some materials are available online. These include:
- Digital Commons, the university's scholarly repository
- Digitized archival material via the Archives & Special Collections portal
- RIAMCO holds finding aids for special collections in a myriad of Rhode Island institutions, including Salve Regina.
- Yearbooks available through the Internet Archive
Architecture & Geography
- The Newport Map Project is a collaboration between the Preservation Society of Newport County, Redwood Library and Athenaeum, and Salve Regina.
- Salve Regina Campus Buildings Virtual Tour
- Yarnall, James L. Newport Through Its Architecture: A History of Styles from Postmedieval to Postmodern. Newport, RI: Salve Regina University Press, 2005.
- Newport History online is a joint project of the McKillop Library and Newport Historical Society to digitize the Society's journal for the Salve Regina community and the journal's subscribers.
- Stensrud, Rockwell. Newport: A Lively Experiment, 1639-1969. Newport, RI: Redwood Library & Athenaeum, 2006.
- Take a Deeper Dive Into Newport LibGuide
Featured: Salve Regina College Guild Cookbook
Salve Regina Cook Book (Digital Commons, PDF download). The Salve Regina College Guild, a group which served to further the image and connections of the college in its early days, produced this cookbook of recipes gathered from the Salve Regina community in 1954.
- You can also order a print facsimile of the cookbook from Lulu.com.
This guide is based on the Archival Research guide by Creighton Barrett at Dalhousie University.